Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 04:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.16 meters/second, 1609.8 km/hour, 1000.3 miles/hour or 869.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 08.0"||1000.16 mi||West||0° 10' 57.6"||12.55 mi||South||1000.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 05.2"||768.46 mi||East||4° 30' 29.0"||309.75 mi||South||830.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 1:38 AM||802 km||498 miles||433 nm||W|
|Belém||Tue 1:38 AM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||SSW|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Tue 1:38 AM||984 km||611 miles||531 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Tue 1:38 AM||1108 km||689 miles||599 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Tue 1:38 AM||1293 km||804 miles||698 nm||SE|
|Georgetown||Tue 12:38 AM||1443 km||896 miles||779 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Tue 12:38 AM||1777 km||1104 miles||959 nm||WNW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 12:38 AM||1877 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||WNW|
|Recife||Tue 1:38 AM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SE|
|Manaus||Tue 12:38 AM||1929 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.