Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.20 meters/second, 1609.9 km/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 08.0"||1000.26 mi||West||0° 10' 58.1"||12.56 mi||South||1000.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 08.3"||768.59 mi||East||4° 30' 39.2"||309.95 mi||South||830.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cayenne||Tue 1:56 AM||327 km||203 miles||177 nm||WSW|
|Saint-Laurent-du-Maroni||Tue 1:56 AM||501 km||311 miles||271 nm||W|
|Paramaribo||Tue 1:56 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||W|
|Belém||Tue 1:56 AM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||S|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Tue 1:56 AM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||W|
|New Amsterdam||Tue 12:56 AM||887 km||551 miles||479 nm||W|
|Georgetown||Tue 12:56 AM||963 km||598 miles||520 nm||W|
|Linden||Tue 12:56 AM||970 km||603 miles||524 nm||W|
|Bridgetown||Tue 12:56 AM||1370 km||851 miles||740 nm||NW|
|Port of Spain||Tue 12:56 AM||1425 km||885 miles||769 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.