Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 5:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 05:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.32 meters/second, 1610.4 km/hour, 1000.6 miles/hour or 869.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 08.0"||1000.52 mi||West||0° 10' 59.9"||12.59 mi||South||1000.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 17.3"||768.97 mi||East||4° 31' 07.0"||310.48 mi||South||831.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Boa Vista||Tue 1:46 AM||333 km||207 miles||180 nm||SSE|
|Ciudad Bolívar||Tue 1:16 AM||345 km||214 miles||186 nm||NW|
|Linden||Tue 1:46 AM||374 km||232 miles||202 nm||E|
|Georgetown (Guyana)||Tue 1:46 AM||404 km||251 miles||218 nm||ENE|
|New Amsterdam||Tue 1:46 AM||460 km||286 miles||248 nm||E|
|Maturín||Tue 1:16 AM||482 km||300 miles||260 nm||NNW|
|San Fernando||Tue 1:46 AM||510 km||317 miles||276 nm||N|
|Nieuw Nickerie||Tue 2:46 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||E|
|Chaguanas||Tue 1:46 AM||537 km||333 miles||290 nm||N|
|Port of Spain||Tue 1:46 AM||551 km||342 miles||298 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.