Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 07:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.59 meters/second, 1611.3 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.8"||1001.13 mi||West||0° 11' 03.7"||12.67 mi||South||1001.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 41.2"||769.90 mi||East||4° 32' 10.4"||311.68 mi||South||832.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 1:46 AM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||S|
|San Jose||Tue 1:46 AM||892 km||554 miles||481 nm||NE|
|León||Tue 1:46 AM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||NNE|
|Masaya||Tue 1:46 AM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||NE|
|Managua||Tue 1:46 AM||901 km||560 miles||486 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Tue 1:46 AM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||N|
|San Miguel||Tue 1:46 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Tue 1:46 AM||969 km||602 miles||523 nm||N|
|David||Tue 2:46 AM||977 km||607 miles||528 nm||ENE|
|Matagalpa||Tue 1:46 AM||993 km||617 miles||536 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.