Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.70 meters/second, 1611.7 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.6"||1001.37 mi||West||0° 11' 05.1"||12.70 mi||South||1001.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 51.9"||770.29 mi||East||4° 32' 34.4"||312.14 mi||South||832.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Tue 2:34 AM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||N|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 2:34 AM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||ESE|
|Mexico City||Tue 2:34 AM||1616 km||1004 miles||873 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 2:34 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NE|
|Veracruz||Tue 2:34 AM||1690 km||1050 miles||912 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Tue 2:34 AM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||NE|
|Guadalajara||Tue 2:34 AM||1720 km||1069 miles||929 nm||N|
|San Salvador||Tue 2:34 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||NE|
|Leon||Tue 2:34 AM||1773 km||1102 miles||957 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Tue 2:34 AM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.