Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 8:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 08:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.70 meters/second, 1611.7 km/hour, 1001.5 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.6"||1001.38 mi||West||0° 11' 05.2"||12.70 mi||South||1001.60 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 52.4"||770.30 mi||East||4° 32' 35.4"||312.16 mi||South||832.94 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Tue 2:36 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||NNE|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 2:36 AM||1614 km||1003 miles||872 nm||ESE|
|Mexico City||Tue 2:36 AM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Tue 2:36 AM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||NE|
|Veracruz||Tue 2:36 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Tue 2:36 AM||1718 km||1067 miles||928 nm||N|
|Santa Ana||Tue 2:36 AM||1752 km||1089 miles||946 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Tue 2:36 AM||1768 km||1099 miles||955 nm||ENE|
|Leon||Tue 2:36 AM||1776 km||1104 miles||959 nm||N|
|Aguascalientes||Tue 2:36 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.