Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 8:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 08:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.74 meters/second, 1611.9 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.6"||1001.47 mi||West||0° 11' 05.8"||12.71 mi||South||1001.70 mi|
|24 hours||11° 10' 56.9"||770.46 mi||East||4° 32' 45.0"||312.34 mi||South||833.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Acapulco||Tue 2:56 AM||1555 km||966 miles||839 nm||NNE|
|Guadalajara||Tue 2:56 AM||1785 km||1109 miles||964 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Tue 2:56 AM||1836 km||1141 miles||991 nm||NNE|
|Leon||Tue 2:56 AM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||NNE|
|Aguascalientes||Tue 2:56 AM||1946 km||1209 miles||1051 nm||NNE|
|Veracruz||Tue 2:56 AM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan||Tue 1:56 AM||2011 km||1249 miles||1086 nm||N|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 2:56 AM||2114 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||ESE|
|Guatemala||Tue 2:56 AM||2151 km||1337 miles||1162 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Tue 2:56 AM||2238 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.