Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.89 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.4"||1001.80 mi||West||0° 11' 07.9"||12.75 mi||South||1002.01 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 14.0"||771.04 mi||East||4° 33' 18.1"||312.97 mi||South||833.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hermosillo||Tue 3:06 AM||3043 km||1891 miles||1643 nm||NNE|
|Mexico City||Tue 4:06 AM||3199 km||1988 miles||1727 nm||ENE|
|Los Angeles||Tue 2:06 AM||3297 km||2049 miles||1780 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:06 AM||3365 km||2091 miles||1817 nm||S|
|Phoenix||Tue 3:06 AM||3421 km||2125 miles||1847 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Tue 2:06 AM||3595 km||2234 miles||1941 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:06 AM||3650 km||2268 miles||1971 nm||W|
|San Francisco||Tue 2:06 AM||3651 km||2269 miles||1971 nm||N|
|Papeete||Tue 12:06 AM||3695 km||2296 miles||1995 nm||SW|
|Guatemala||Tue 4:06 AM||3885 km||2414 miles||2098 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.