Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.97 meters/second, 1612.7 km/hour, 1002.1 miles/hour or 870.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.4"||1001.98 mi||West||0° 11' 09.0"||12.77 mi||South||1002.19 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 24.3"||771.38 mi||East||4° 33' 36.1"||313.32 mi||South||834.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 12:46 AM||2578 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||W|
|Papeete||Tue 12:46 AM||2981 km||1852 miles||1609 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 12:46 AM||3135 km||1948 miles||1693 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Tue 2:46 AM||3330 km||2069 miles||1798 nm||S|
|Los Angeles||Tue 2:46 AM||3644 km||2264 miles||1968 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 3:46 AM||3649 km||2268 miles||1970 nm||NE|
|San Francisco||Tue 2:46 AM||3852 km||2394 miles||2080 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Tue 3:46 AM||3925 km||2439 miles||2119 nm||NNE|
|Las Vegas||Tue 2:46 AM||3990 km||2480 miles||2155 nm||NNE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 12:46 AM||3998 km||2484 miles||2159 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.