Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.08 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.1"||1002.24 mi||West||0° 11' 10.7"||12.80 mi||South||1002.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 40.5"||771.89 mi||East||4° 34' 02.2"||313.81 mi||South||834.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:46 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 1:46 AM||2094 km||1301 miles||1130 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 1:46 AM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:46 AM||2920 km||1814 miles||1577 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:46 AM||3093 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 11:46 PM||3111 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 1:46 AM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 12:46 AM||3487 km||2167 miles||1883 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:46 PM||3831 km||2381 miles||2069 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:46 AM||3854 km||2395 miles||2081 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.