Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.09 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.1"||1002.31 mi||west||0° 11' 10.7"||12.80 mi||south||1002.52 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 40.7"||771.95 mi||east||4° 34' 02.6"||313.84 mi||south||834.82 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:46 AM||961 km||597 miles||519 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 1:46 AM||2080 km||1293 miles||1123 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 1:46 AM||2444 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:46 AM||2897 km||1800 miles||1564 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 11:46 PM||3081 km||1914 miles||1664 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:46 AM||3081 km||1915 miles||1664 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Wed 1:46 AM||3225 km||2004 miles||1741 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 12:46 AM||3467 km||2154 miles||1872 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:46 PM||3801 km||2362 miles||2053 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:46 AM||3869 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.