Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.08 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 07.1"||1002.24 mi||west||0° 11' 10.7"||12.80 mi||south||1002.45 mi|
|24 hours||11° 11' 40.5"||771.89 mi||east||4° 34' 02.2"||313.81 mi||south||834.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:46 AM||990 km||615 miles||534 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 1:46 AM||2094 km||1301 miles||1130 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Tue 1:46 AM||2445 km||1519 miles||1320 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:46 AM||2923 km||1816 miles||1578 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:46 AM||3093 km||1922 miles||1670 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 11:46 PM||3111 km||1933 miles||1680 nm||W|
|Apia *||Wed 1:46 AM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 12:46 AM||3487 km||2166 miles||1883 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 11:46 PM||3829 km||2379 miles||2068 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:46 AM||3854 km||2395 miles||2081 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.