Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 13:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.28 meters/second, 1613.8 kilometres/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.6"||1002.68 mi||West||0° 11' 13.6"||12.86 mi||South||1002.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 11.9"||772.84 mi||East||4° 34' 45.9"||314.65 mi||South||835.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Tue 1:34 AM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:34 AM||475 km||295 miles||256 nm||SSW|
|Kanton Island||Wed 2:34 AM||862 km||536 miles||465 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Wed 2:34 AM||1000 km||622 miles||540 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:34 AM||1369 km||851 miles||739 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 1:34 AM||1541 km||957 miles||832 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:34 AM||1549 km||963 miles||837 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:34 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:34 AM||1982 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||E|
|Apia *||Wed 3:34 AM||2029 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.