Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.30 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.5"||1002.73 mi||west||0° 11' 13.9"||12.86 mi||south||1002.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 16.0"||772.96 mi||east||4° 34' 51.0"||314.74 mi||south||835.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 1:46 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:46 AM||1027 km||638 miles||554 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 1:46 AM||1221 km||759 miles||659 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:46 AM||1434 km||891 miles||774 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:46 AM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 1:46 AM||1737 km||1080 miles||938 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 3:46 AM||2115 km||1314 miles||1142 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:46 AM||2332 km||1449 miles||1259 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 1:46 AM||2346 km||1458 miles||1267 nm||NW|
|Suva||Wed 1:46 AM||2497 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.