Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.30 meters/second, 1613.9 km/hour, 1002.8 miles/hour or 871.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.5"||1002.72 mi||West||0° 11' 13.9"||12.86 mi||South||1002.92 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 15.7"||772.95 mi||East||4° 34' 50.4"||314.73 mi||South||835.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Tue 1:46 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSE|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:46 AM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Wed 1:46 AM||1228 km||763 miles||663 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:46 AM||1442 km||896 miles||778 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:46 AM||1673 km||1040 miles||904 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Wed 1:46 AM||1766 km||1097 miles||954 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Wed 3:46 AM||2105 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Wed 3:46 AM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 1:46 AM||2367 km||1471 miles||1278 nm||NW|
|Suva||Wed 1:46 AM||2502 km||1554 miles||1351 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.