Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 1:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 13:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.32 meters/second, 1614.0 km/hour, 1002.9 miles/hour or 871.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.5"||1002.76 mi||West||0° 11' 14.2"||12.87 mi||South||1002.96 mi|
|24 hours||348° 47' 41.1"||773.04 mi||West||4° 34' 54.3"||314.81 mi||South||836.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Tue 1:56 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 1:56 AM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Wed 1:56 AM||801 km||497 miles||432 nm||WSW|
|Tabiteuea||Wed 1:56 AM||806 km||501 miles||435 nm||SW|
|Majuro||Wed 1:56 AM||973 km||605 miles||525 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Wed 1:56 AM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||S|
|Yaren||Wed 1:56 AM||1510 km||938 miles||815 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 2:56 AM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 1:56 AM||2191 km||1361 miles||1183 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Wed 3:56 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.