Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 14:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.37 meters/second, 1614.1 km/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.2"||1002.87 mi||west||0° 11' 14.9"||12.88 mi||south||1003.07 mi|
|24 hours||348° 47' 31.9"||773.30 mi||west||4° 35' 05.2"||315.01 mi||south||836.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tarawa||Wed 2:24 AM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||S|
|Majuro||Wed 2:24 AM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Wed 2:24 AM||812 km||505 miles||439 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:24 AM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:24 AM||1573 km||977 miles||849 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 1:24 AM||1631 km||1013 miles||881 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:24 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Wed 1:24 AM||2049 km||1273 miles||1107 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Wed 3:24 AM||2328 km||1447 miles||1257 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Wed 1:24 AM||2457 km||1527 miles||1327 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.