Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.39 meters/second, 1614.2 kilometres/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.2"||1002.91 mi||West||0° 11' 15.2"||12.89 mi||South||1003.11 mi|
|24 hours||348° 47' 28.4"||773.40 mi||West||4° 35' 09.1"||315.09 mi||South||836.38 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 2:36 AM||372 km||231 miles||201 nm||NNE|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:36 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||SE|
|Kwajalein||Wed 2:36 AM||575 km||358 miles||311 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Wed 2:36 AM||610 km||379 miles||329 nm||SSW|
|Tabiteuea||Wed 2:36 AM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Wed 1:36 AM||1347 km||837 miles||727 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:36 AM||1565 km||973 miles||845 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:36 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||SE|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:36 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||932 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Wed 1:36 AM||1858 km||1155 miles||1003 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.