Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 14:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.40 meters/second, 1614.2 km/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.1"||1002.94 mi||West||0° 11' 15.4"||12.89 mi||South||1003.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 34.1"||773.48 mi||East||4° 35' 12.0"||315.15 mi||South||836.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Wed 2:44 AM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Wed 2:44 AM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:44 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Wed 1:44 AM||1140 km||709 miles||616 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:44 AM||1697 km||1054 miles||916 nm||N|
|Honiara||Wed 1:44 AM||1736 km||1079 miles||937 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:44 AM||1773 km||1102 miles||957 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:44 AM||1859 km||1155 miles||1004 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Wed 1:44 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||S|
|Suva||Wed 2:44 AM||2702 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.