Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 14:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.41 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.1"||1002.96 mi||west||0° 11' 15.5"||12.89 mi||south||1003.15 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 35.0"||773.51 mi||east||4° 35' 13.1"||315.17 mi||south||836.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Wed 2:46 AM||503 km||312 miles||271 nm||S|
|Majuro||Wed 2:46 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:46 AM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Wed 1:46 AM||1060 km||659 miles||572 nm||WNW|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:46 AM||1692 km||1052 miles||914 nm||N|
|Honiara||Wed 1:46 AM||1693 km||1052 miles||914 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:46 AM||1855 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:46 AM||1916 km||1191 miles||1035 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Wed 1:46 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||S|
|Port Moresby||Wed 12:46 AM||2680 km||1665 miles||1447 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.