Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.42 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.0"||1002.99 mi||West||0° 11' 15.7"||12.90 mi||South||1003.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 38.1"||773.59 mi||East||4° 35' 16.4"||315.23 mi||South||836.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Wed 2:56 AM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Wed 2:56 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Wed 1:56 AM||838 km||521 miles||452 nm||WNW|
|Tarawa||Wed 2:56 AM||920 km||571 miles||497 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 1:56 AM||1589 km||988 miles||858 nm||SSW|
|Wake Island||Wed 2:56 AM||1702 km||1058 miles||919 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Wed 2:56 AM||2085 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 2:56 AM||2088 km||1297 miles||1127 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Wed 1:56 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Wed 12:56 AM||2474 km||1537 miles||1336 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.