Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 15:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.45 meters/second, 1614.4 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.0"||1003.06 mi||West||0° 11' 16.2"||12.91 mi||South||1003.25 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 44.6"||773.77 mi||East||4° 35' 23.5"||315.36 mi||South||836.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Wed 2:16 AM||408 km||253 miles||220 nm||NW|
|Kolonia||Wed 2:16 AM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:16 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||ESE|
|Kwajalein||Wed 3:16 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||ENE|
|Weno||Wed 1:16 AM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:16 AM||1279 km||795 miles||691 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:16 AM||1441 km||895 miles||778 nm||E|
|Honiara||Wed 2:16 AM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Wed 3:16 AM||1836 km||1141 miles||991 nm||NNE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:16 AM||2008 km||1248 miles||1084 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.