Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 15:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.48 meters/second, 1614.5 km/hour, 1003.2 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.9"||1003.13 mi||West||0° 11' 16.6"||12.91 mi||South||1003.32 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 50.6"||773.94 mi||East||4° 35' 29.6"||315.48 mi||South||836.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Wed 2:34 AM||420 km||261 miles||227 nm||NE|
|Kolonia||Wed 2:34 AM||427 km||266 miles||231 nm||NE|
|Weno||Wed 1:34 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||NW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:34 AM||1317 km||818 miles||711 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:34 AM||1536 km||954 miles||829 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:34 AM||1625 km||1010 miles||877 nm||NW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:34 AM||1750 km||1087 miles||945 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:34 AM||1762 km||1095 miles||951 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:34 AM||1835 km||1140 miles||991 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:34 AM||1918 km||1192 miles||1036 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.