Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 3:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.50 meters/second, 1614.6 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.8"||1003.17 mi||West||0° 11' 16.9"||12.92 mi||South||1003.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 54.7"||774.05 mi||East||4° 35' 33.7"||315.56 mi||South||837.05 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Wed 2:46 AM||666 km||414 miles||359 nm||ENE|
|Kolonia||Wed 2:46 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:46 AM||1403 km||871 miles||757 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:46 AM||1539 km||956 miles||831 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:46 AM||1603 km||996 miles||866 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:46 AM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:46 AM||1655 km||1028 miles||893 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Wed 3:46 AM||2067 km||1284 miles||1116 nm||E|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:46 AM||2077 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Wed 12:46 AM||2171 km||1349 miles||1172 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.