Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 15:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.50 meters/second, 1614.6 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.8"||1003.17 mi||west||0° 11' 16.9"||12.92 mi||south||1003.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 55.2"||774.06 mi||east||4° 35' 34.1"||315.57 mi||south||837.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Wed 2:46 AM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||ENE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 1:46 AM||1384 km||860 miles||747 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Wed 12:46 AM||1512 km||940 miles||817 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 1:46 AM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Wed 3:46 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Wed 2:46 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||SSE|
|Melekeok||Wed 12:46 AM||2048 km||1273 miles||1106 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Wed 3:46 AM||2078 km||1291 miles||1122 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Wed 12:46 AM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 3:46 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.