Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:06:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 16:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.53 meters/second, 1614.7 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.6"||1003.24 mi||West||0° 11' 17.4"||12.93 mi||South||1003.43 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 01.6"||774.24 mi||East||4° 35' 40.5"||315.69 mi||South||837.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Wed 1:06 AM||1083 km||673 miles||585 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 2:06 AM||1139 km||708 miles||615 nm||NNW|
|Palikir||Wed 3:06 AM||1162 km||722 miles||627 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 2:06 AM||1464 km||910 miles||791 nm||S|
|Melekeok||Wed 1:06 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Wed 1:06 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||WSW|
|Honiara||Wed 3:06 AM||1958 km||1217 miles||1057 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Wed 4:06 AM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Wed 2:06 AM||2302 km||1430 miles||1243 nm||S|
|Majuro||Wed 4:06 AM||2579 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.