Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 16:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 16:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.55 meters/second, 1614.8 km/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.5"||1003.28 mi||west||0° 11' 17.7"||12.93 mi||south||1003.47 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 05.5"||774.35 mi||east||4° 35' 44.2"||315.76 mi||south||837.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Wed 1:16 AM||872 km||542 miles||471 nm||SW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 2:16 AM||1082 km||672 miles||584 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Wed 1:16 AM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||WNW|
|Manokwari||Wed 1:16 AM||1367 km||850 miles||738 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Wed 3:16 AM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||ENE|
|Port Moresby||Wed 2:16 AM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||S|
|Honiara||Wed 3:16 AM||2166 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||SE|
|Cairns||Wed 2:16 AM||2283 km||1419 miles||1233 nm||S|
|Manado||Wed 12:16 AM||2308 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||W|
|Darwin||Wed 1:46 AM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.