Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 16:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.56 meters/second, 1614.8 km/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.5"||1003.31 mi||West||0° 11' 17.9"||12.94 mi||South||1003.49 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 08.7"||774.43 mi||East||4° 35' 47.0"||315.81 mi||South||837.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Wed 1:26 AM||748 km||465 miles||404 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Wed 1:26 AM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 2:26 AM||1094 km||680 miles||591 nm||N|
|Manokwari||Wed 1:26 AM||1147 km||713 miles||619 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 2:26 AM||1515 km||941 miles||818 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 3:26 AM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||ENE|
|Davao||Wed 12:26 AM||1998 km||1242 miles||1079 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Wed 12:26 AM||2070 km||1286 miles||1118 nm||W|
|Darwin||Wed 1:56 AM||2258 km||1403 miles||1219 nm||SW|
|Cairns||Wed 2:26 AM||2296 km||1426 miles||1239 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.