Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 16:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 16:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.56 meters/second, 1614.8 km/hour, 1003.4 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.4"||1003.31 mi||west||0° 11' 17.9"||12.94 mi||south||1003.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 09.0"||774.44 mi||east||4° 35' 47.5"||315.82 mi||south||837.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Wed 1:26 AM||736 km||458 miles||398 nm||SSW|
|Melekeok||Wed 1:26 AM||1025 km||637 miles||553 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Wed 2:26 AM||1099 km||683 miles||593 nm||N|
|Manokwari||Wed 1:26 AM||1120 km||696 miles||605 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Wed 2:26 AM||1523 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Wed 3:26 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||925 nm||ENE|
|Davao||Wed 12:26 AM||1969 km||1223 miles||1063 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Wed 12:26 AM||2001 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||W|
|Manado||Wed 12:26 AM||2040 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||W|
|Darwin||Wed 1:56 AM||2239 km||1391 miles||1209 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.