Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.59 meters/second, 1614.9 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.3"||1003.37 mi||West||0° 11' 18.3"||12.95 mi||South||1003.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 15.7"||774.62 mi||East||4° 35' 53.4"||315.94 mi||South||837.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Koror||Wed 1:46 AM||605 km||376 miles||326 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Wed 1:46 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||NW|
|Colonia||Wed 2:46 AM||653 km||405 miles||352 nm||N|
|Manokwari||Wed 1:46 AM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||SW|
|Jayapura||Wed 1:46 AM||725 km||451 miles||392 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Wed 2:46 AM||1289 km||801 miles||696 nm||NNE|
|Davao||Wed 12:46 AM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||WNW|
|General Santos||Wed 12:46 AM||1501 km||933 miles||811 nm||W|
|Manado||Wed 12:46 AM||1535 km||954 miles||829 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Wed 2:46 AM||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.