Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 5:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 17:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.69 meters/second, 1615.3 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.8"||1003.60 mi||West||0° 11' 19.9"||12.98 mi||South||1003.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 13' 41.5"||775.30 mi||East||4° 36' 14.8"||316.34 mi||South||838.29 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gorontalo||Wed 1:56 AM||361 km||224 miles||195 nm||SSE|
|Zamboanga City||Wed 1:56 AM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||N|
|Manado||Wed 1:56 AM||425 km||264 miles||230 nm||ESE|
|General Santos||Wed 1:56 AM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||NE|
|Palu||Wed 1:56 AM||511 km||317 miles||276 nm||SSW|
|Marawi City||Wed 1:56 AM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||NNE|
|Davao||Wed 1:56 AM||608 km||378 miles||328 nm||NE|
|Samarinda||Wed 1:56 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||SW|
|Cagayan de Oro||Wed 1:56 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NNE|
|Kota Kinabalu||Wed 1:56 AM||668 km||415 miles||361 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.