Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 6:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 18:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.76 meters/second, 1615.5 kilometres/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.5"||1003.75 mi||West||0° 11' 21.0"||13.00 mi||South||1003.93 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 00.8"||775.79 mi||East||4° 36' 29.2"||316.61 mi||South||838.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuching||Wed 2:46 AM||214 km||133 miles||115 nm||SSE|
|Sarikei||Wed 2:46 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||ESE|
|Sibu||Wed 2:46 AM||289 km||180 miles||156 nm||ESE|
|Pontianak||Wed 1:46 AM||362 km||225 miles||196 nm||S|
|Miri||Wed 2:46 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 2:46 AM||555 km||345 miles||300 nm||ENE|
|Ketapang||Wed 1:46 AM||568 km||353 miles||306 nm||S|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 2:46 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||ENE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Wed 1:46 AM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||WSW|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 2:46 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.