Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 18:46:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 18:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.76 meters/second, 1615.5 km/hour, 1003.9 miles/hour or 872.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||south||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 04.5"||1003.83 mi||west||0° 11' 21.1"||13.00 mi||south||1004.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 01.1"||775.85 mi||east||4° 36' 29.4"||316.64 mi||south||838.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kuching||Wed 2:46 AM||230 km||143 miles||124 nm||SE|
|Pontianak||Wed 1:46 AM||363 km||225 miles||196 nm||S|
|Miri||Wed 2:46 AM||553 km||344 miles||299 nm||ENE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Wed 1:46 AM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||WSW|
|Kuala Belait||Wed 2:46 AM||584 km||363 miles||316 nm||ENE|
|Singapore||Wed 2:46 AM||627 km||390 miles||339 nm||WSW|
|Johor Bahru||Wed 2:46 AM||630 km||391 miles||340 nm||WSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Wed 2:46 AM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||ENE|
|Kuantan||Wed 2:46 AM||649 km||403 miles||351 nm||W|
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Wed 2:46 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.