Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 7:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 19:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.84 meters/second, 1615.8 km/hour, 1004.0 miles/hour or 872.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 03.9"||1003.92 mi||West||0° 11' 22.3"||13.02 mi||South||1004.10 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 24.7"||776.39 mi||East||4° 36' 44.9"||316.92 mi||South||839.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banda Aceh||Wed 2:46 AM||281 km||174 miles||152 nm||N|
|Medan||Wed 2:46 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||E|
|Pematangsiantar||Wed 2:46 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||E|
|George Town||Wed 3:46 AM||659 km||409 miles||356 nm||ENE|
|Phuket||Wed 2:46 AM||660 km||410 miles||356 nm||NE|
|Ipoh||Wed 3:46 AM||714 km||443 miles||385 nm||ENE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Wed 3:46 AM||759 km||471 miles||410 nm||E|
|Johor Bahru||Wed 3:46 AM||1004 km||624 miles||542 nm||E|
|Singapore||Wed 3:46 AM||1017 km||632 miles||549 nm||E|
|Bengkulu||Wed 2:46 AM||1118 km||694 miles||603 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.