Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 9:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 21:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.97 meters/second, 1616.3 km/hour, 1004.3 miles/hour or 872.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.8"||1004.21 mi||West||0° 11' 24.5"||13.06 mi||South||1004.37 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.2"||777.52 mi||East||4° 37' 10.6"||317.41 mi||South||840.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Male||Wed 2:36 AM||608 km||378 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|Addu City||Wed 2:36 AM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||SE|
|Kulhudhuffushi||Wed 2:36 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||NE|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Wed 3:06 AM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||NE|
|Diego Garcia||Wed 3:36 AM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||SSE|
|Madurai||Wed 3:06 AM||1353 km||841 miles||731 nm||NE|
|Colombo||Wed 3:06 AM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||ENE|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Wed 3:06 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||ENE|
|Bengaluru||Wed 3:06 AM||1531 km||951 miles||826 nm||NE|
|Victoria||Wed 1:36 AM||1636 km||1017 miles||884 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.