Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 22:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.04 meters/second, 1616.5 km/hour, 1004.5 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 02.0"||1004.37 mi||West||0° 11' 25.8"||13.09 mi||South||1004.53 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 42.6"||778.26 mi||East||4° 37' 24.8"||317.68 mi||South||841.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galkayo||Wed 1:46 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||NW|
|Mogadishu||Wed 1:46 AM||662 km||412 miles||358 nm||W|
|Victoria||Wed 2:46 AM||913 km||568 miles||493 nm||SSE|
|Bosaso||Wed 1:46 AM||999 km||621 miles||540 nm||NNW|
|Kismayo||Wed 1:46 AM||1022 km||635 miles||552 nm||WSW|
|Aden||Wed 1:46 AM||1331 km||827 miles||719 nm||NNW|
|Djibouti||Wed 1:46 AM||1348 km||838 miles||728 nm||NW|
|Addis Ababa||Wed 1:46 AM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||WNW|
|Sana||Wed 1:46 AM||1620 km||1007 miles||875 nm||NNW|
|Nairobi||Wed 1:46 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||898 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.