Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 10:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 22:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.05 meters/second, 1616.6 km/hour, 1004.5 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 01.9"||1004.39 mi||West||0° 11' 26.0"||13.09 mi||South||1004.55 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 47.2"||778.36 mi||East||4° 37' 26.6"||317.71 mi||South||841.17 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mogadishu||Wed 1:56 AM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||W|
|Galkayo||Wed 1:56 AM||502 km||312 miles||271 nm||NNW|
|Hargeisa||Wed 1:56 AM||947 km||589 miles||512 nm||NNW|
|Bosaso||Wed 1:56 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||N|
|Victoria||Wed 2:56 AM||1073 km||667 miles||580 nm||SE|
|Djibouti||Wed 1:56 AM||1190 km||739 miles||643 nm||NNW|
|Aden||Wed 1:56 AM||1218 km||757 miles||658 nm||NNW|
|Addis Ababa||Wed 1:56 AM||1333 km||828 miles||720 nm||WNW|
|Nairobi||Wed 1:56 AM||1402 km||871 miles||757 nm||WSW|
|Dar es Salaam||Wed 1:56 AM||1477 km||918 miles||798 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.