Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 11:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, January 29, 2013 at 23:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.09 meters/second, 1616.7 kilometres/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 873.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 01.3"||1004.50 mi||West||0° 11' 26.9"||13.11 mi||South||1004.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 16' 10.5"||778.90 mi||East||4° 37' 35.4"||317.88 mi||South||841.65 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nakuru||Wed 2:46 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||SSW|
|Mbale||Wed 2:46 AM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||WSW|
|Kisumu||Wed 2:46 AM||345 km||215 miles||187 nm||SW|
|Nairobi||Wed 2:46 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||S|
|Arba Minch||Wed 2:46 AM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NNE|
|Lira||Wed 2:46 AM||428 km||266 miles||231 nm||W|
|Garissa||Wed 2:46 AM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||SE|
|Gulu||Wed 2:46 AM||497 km||309 miles||268 nm||W|
|Kampala||Wed 2:46 AM||512 km||318 miles||277 nm||WSW|
|Entebbe||Wed 2:46 AM||537 km||334 miles||290 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.