Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 02:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.23 meters/second, 1617.2 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 59.1"||1004.81 mi||West||0° 11' 29.8"||13.16 mi||South||1004.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 40.6"||780.90 mi||East||4° 37' 59.5"||318.34 mi||South||843.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Harper||Wed 2:46 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NNW|
|San Pédro||Wed 2:46 AM||335 km||208 miles||181 nm||N|
|Divo||Wed 2:46 AM||484 km||300 miles||261 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Wed 2:46 AM||507 km||315 miles||274 nm||NE|
|Daloa||Wed 2:46 AM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||N|
|Yamoussoukro||Wed 2:46 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||NNE|
|Man||Wed 2:46 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||N|
|Gbarnga||Wed 2:46 AM||651 km||404 miles||351 nm||NNW|
|Kakata||Wed 2:46 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||NW|
|Monrovia||Wed 2:46 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.