Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 04:36:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:39 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.29 meters/second, 1617.5 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.4"||1005.02 mi||west||0° 11' 31.3"||13.19 mi||south||1005.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 40.8"||782.24 mi||east||4° 38' 08.5"||318.53 mi||south||844.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Wed 2:36 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Wed 1:36 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||SW|
|Recife||Wed 1:36 AM||1055 km||655 miles||569 nm||S|
|Belém||Wed 1:36 AM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||W|
|Salvador||Wed 1:36 AM||1669 km||1037 miles||901 nm||SSW|
|Praia||Wed 3:36 AM||1875 km||1165 miles||1012 nm||NE|
|Cayenne||Wed 1:36 AM||2100 km||1305 miles||1134 nm||WNW|
|Banjul||Wed 4:36 AM||2318 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Wed 4:36 AM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||ENE|
|Dakar||Wed 4:36 AM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.