Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 4:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 91%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 04:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.29 meters/second, 1617.5 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.4"||1004.94 mi||West||0° 11' 31.3"||13.19 mi||South||1005.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 40.2"||782.18 mi||East||4° 38' 08.3"||318.51 mi||South||844.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Wed 2:36 AM||590 km||367 miles||319 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Wed 1:36 AM||794 km||493 miles||429 nm||SW|
|Recife||Wed 1:36 AM||1055 km||655 miles||569 nm||S|
|Salvador||Wed 1:36 AM||1680 km||1044 miles||907 nm||SSW|
|Belém||Wed 1:36 AM||1695 km||1053 miles||915 nm||W|
|Praia||Wed 3:36 AM||1857 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||NE|
|Cayenne||Wed 1:36 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||W|
|Bissau||Wed 4:36 AM||2293 km||1425 miles||1238 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Wed 4:36 AM||2294 km||1425 miles||1239 nm||NE|
|Dakar||Wed 4:36 AM||2299 km||1429 miles||1241 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.