Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.33 meters/second, 1617.6 km/hour, 1005.1 miles/hour or 873.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.5"||1005.02 mi||West||0° 11' 36.2"||13.29 mi||South||1005.09 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 30.5"||789.11 mi||East||4° 37' 44.6"||318.06 mi||South||849.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Thu 2:46 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 3:46 AM||1073 km||667 miles||579 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Wed 1:46 AM||1089 km||677 miles||588 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 2:46 AM||1110 km||690 miles||599 nm||SSW|
|Apia *||Thu 3:46 AM||1588 km||987 miles||857 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Thu 1:46 AM||1803 km||1120 miles||973 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Wed 2:46 AM||2094 km||1301 miles||1131 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 1:46 AM||2267 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Wed 3:46 AM||2426 km||1507 miles||1310 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 2:46 AM||2473 km||1537 miles||1336 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.