Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 14:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.32 meters/second, 1617.6 km/hour, 1005.1 miles/hour or 873.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 47.0"||1005.00 mi||West||0° 11' 36.2"||13.29 mi||South||1005.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 24' 46.3"||789.41 mi||East||4° 37' 41.2"||318.00 mi||South||850.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Thu 3:08 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:08 AM||500 km||311 miles||270 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:08 AM||989 km||614 miles||534 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:08 AM||1319 km||819 miles||712 nm||SW|
|Apia *||Thu 4:08 AM||1479 km||919 miles||799 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Thu 4:08 AM||1657 km||1029 miles||895 nm||E|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:08 AM||1678 km||1043 miles||906 nm||W|
|Majuro||Thu 2:08 AM||2022 km||1256 miles||1092 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Wed 3:08 AM||2069 km||1286 miles||1117 nm||S|
|Suva||Thu 2:08 AM||2216 km||1377 miles||1196 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.