Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.31 meters/second, 1617.5 km/hour, 1005.1 miles/hour or 873.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.3"||1004.98 mi||West||0° 11' 36.4"||13.29 mi||South||1005.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 25' 05.2"||789.77 mi||East||4° 37' 37.1"||317.92 mi||South||850.28 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Wed 2:34 AM||222 km||138 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Howland Island||Wed 2:34 AM||243 km||151 miles||131 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Thu 3:34 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:34 AM||923 km||574 miles||499 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:34 AM||989 km||614 miles||534 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:34 AM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Thu 2:34 AM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Thu 4:34 AM||1638 km||1018 miles||884 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Thu 2:34 AM||1641 km||1020 miles||886 nm||W|
|Suva||Thu 2:34 AM||1978 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.