Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 2:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 14:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.30 meters/second, 1617.5 km/hour, 1005.1 miles/hour or 873.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.9"||1004.95 mi||West||0° 11' 36.5"||13.29 mi||South||1005.02 mi|
|24 hours||348° 34' 38.4"||790.07 mi||West||4° 37' 33.3"||317.85 mi||South||850.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tabiteuea||Thu 2:56 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Thu 2:56 AM||434 km||270 miles||235 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Wed 2:56 AM||805 km||500 miles||434 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Thu 2:56 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Thu 2:56 AM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||NNW|
|Yaren||Thu 2:56 AM||1048 km||651 miles||566 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 3:56 AM||1685 km||1047 miles||910 nm||SE|
|Suva||Thu 2:56 AM||1951 km||1212 miles||1054 nm||S|
|Apia *||Thu 4:56 AM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Thu 1:56 AM||2060 km||1280 miles||1112 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.