Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 3:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 15:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.28 meters/second, 1617.4 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 45.2"||1004.92 mi||West||0° 11' 36.6"||13.29 mi||South||1004.99 mi|
|24 hours||348° 34' 16.3"||790.48 mi||West||4° 37' 27.9"||317.75 mi||South||850.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Thu 3:26 AM||240 km||149 miles||130 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:26 AM||496 km||308 miles||268 nm||ENE|
|Tabiteuea||Thu 3:26 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 3:26 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Thu 2:26 AM||1396 km||868 miles||754 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Thu 3:26 AM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||SE|
|Palikir||Thu 2:26 AM||1477 km||918 miles||798 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:26 AM||1611 km||1001 miles||870 nm||E|
|Port Vila||Thu 2:26 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||S|
|Suva||Thu 3:26 AM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.