Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.27 meters/second, 1617.4 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||south||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.5"||1004.88 mi||west||0° 11' 36.7"||13.30 mi||south||1004.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 06.1"||790.89 mi||east||4° 37' 22.1"||317.64 mi||south||851.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Thu 3:56 AM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||E|
|Arawa||Thu 1:56 AM||917 km||569 miles||495 nm||SW|
|Buka||Thu 1:56 AM||944 km||586 miles||510 nm||WSW|
|Palikir||Thu 2:56 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Thu 2:56 AM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Thu 2:56 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:56 AM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 3:56 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:56 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1015 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Thu 2:56 AM||2003 km||1244 miles||1081 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.