Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 3:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 15:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.27 meters/second, 1617.4 km/hour, 1005.0 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 44.5"||1004.88 mi||West||0° 11' 36.7"||13.30 mi||South||1004.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 06.1"||790.89 mi||East||4° 37' 22.1"||317.64 mi||South||851.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Thu 3:56 AM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||E|
|Arawa||Thu 1:56 AM||917 km||569 miles||495 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Thu 2:56 AM||946 km||588 miles||511 nm||NNW|
|Kolonia||Thu 2:56 AM||948 km||589 miles||512 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Thu 2:56 AM||975 km||606 miles||527 nm||SSW|
|Gizo||Thu 2:56 AM||977 km||607 miles||527 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Thu 3:56 AM||1270 km||789 miles||686 nm||E|
|Majuro||Thu 3:56 AM||1376 km||855 miles||743 nm||NE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 1:56 AM||1881 km||1169 miles||1015 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Thu 2:56 AM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.