Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 4:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 88%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 16:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.24 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 43.4"||1004.82 mi||West||0° 11' 36.8"||13.30 mi||South||1004.88 mi|
|24 hours||11° 26' 44.3"||791.59 mi||East||4° 37' 11.9"||317.44 mi||South||851.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lae||Thu 2:46 AM||705 km||438 miles||381 nm||SSW|
|Mount Hagen||Thu 2:46 AM||813 km||505 miles||439 nm||SW|
|Arawa||Thu 2:46 AM||873 km||542 miles||471 nm||SE|
|Weno||Thu 2:46 AM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Thu 2:46 AM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Thu 1:46 AM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||W|
|Palikir||Thu 3:46 AM||1282 km||797 miles||692 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Thu 3:46 AM||1471 km||914 miles||794 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Thu 2:46 AM||1689 km||1049 miles||912 nm||NNW|
|Manokwari||Thu 1:46 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.