Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 5:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 17:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.20 meters/second, 1617.1 kilometres/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.0"||1004.73 mi||West||0° 11' 36.9"||13.30 mi||South||1004.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 27' 31.0"||792.44 mi||East||4° 36' 58.1"||317.18 mi||South||852.16 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Thu 2:46 AM||128 km||80 miles||69 nm||WNW|
|Jayapura||Thu 2:46 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||ESE|
|Ambon||Thu 2:46 AM||827 km||514 miles||446 nm||WSW|
|Sofifi||Thu 2:46 AM||873 km||543 miles||472 nm||WNW|
|Ternate||Thu 2:46 AM||894 km||555 miles||483 nm||WNW|
|Koror||Thu 2:46 AM||944 km||586 miles||510 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Thu 2:46 AM||960 km||597 miles||518 nm||N|
|Manado||Thu 1:46 AM||1187 km||738 miles||641 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Thu 3:16 AM||1338 km||831 miles||722 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Thu 2:46 AM||1341 km||834 miles||724 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.