Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 449.16 meters/second, 1617.0 kilometres/hour, 1004.7 miles/hour or 873.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 40.7"||1004.64 mi||West||0° 11' 36.9"||13.30 mi||South||1004.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 14.1"||793.21 mi||East||4° 36' 44.6"||316.92 mi||South||852.70 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gorontalo||Thu 2:40 AM||233 km||145 miles||126 nm||NNE|
|Palu||Thu 2:40 AM||253 km||157 miles||137 nm||W|
|Kendari||Thu 2:40 AM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||S|
|Mamuju||Thu 2:40 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Thu 2:40 AM||437 km||271 miles||236 nm||NE|
|Makassar||Thu 2:40 AM||515 km||320 miles||278 nm||SW|
|Samarinda||Thu 2:40 AM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||W|
|Balikpapan||Thu 2:40 AM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||W|
|Ternate||Thu 3:40 AM||633 km||394 miles||342 nm||ENE|
|Sofifi||Thu 3:40 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.