Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 8:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 20:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.08 meters/second, 1616.7 km/hour, 1004.6 miles/hour or 872.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.74 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 38.3"||1004.46 mi||West||0° 11' 36.9"||13.30 mi||South||1004.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 29' 25.9"||794.49 mi||East||4° 36' 20.1"||316.45 mi||South||853.56 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Padang||Thu 3:08 AM||91 km||56 miles||49 nm||NNW|
|Bukittinggi||Thu 3:08 AM||153 km||95 miles||83 nm||NNW|
|Pekanbaru||Thu 3:08 AM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||NNE|
|Bengkulu||Thu 3:08 AM||290 km||180 miles||157 nm||SE|
|Jambi||Thu 3:08 AM||314 km||195 miles||170 nm||E|
|Malacca City||Thu 4:08 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||NNE|
|Palembang||Thu 3:08 AM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||ESE|
|Singapore||Thu 4:08 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||NE|
|Johor Bahru||Thu 4:08 AM||475 km||295 miles||257 nm||NE|
|Tanjung Pinang||Thu 3:08 AM||495 km||308 miles||267 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.