Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 1:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 85%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 01:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.73 meters/second, 1615.4 kilometres/hour, 1003.8 miles/hour or 872.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.0"||1003.68 mi||West||0° 11' 35.8"||13.28 mi||South||1003.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 47.9"||799.03 mi||East||4° 34' 33.4"||314.43 mi||South||856.54 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bukavu||Thu 3:08 AM||77 km||48 miles||41 nm||E|
|Goma||Thu 3:08 AM||155 km||96 miles||84 nm||NE|
|Bujumbura||Thu 3:08 AM||159 km||99 miles||86 nm||ESE|
|Butare||Thu 3:08 AM||176 km||109 miles||95 nm||E|
|Gitarama||Thu 3:08 AM||186 km||115 miles||100 nm||ENE|
|Ngozi||Thu 3:08 AM||189 km||117 miles||102 nm||E|
|Ruhengeri||Thu 3:08 AM||204 km||127 miles||110 nm||NE|
|Gitega||Thu 3:08 AM||218 km||135 miles||118 nm||ESE|
|Kigali||Thu 3:08 AM||223 km||139 miles||120 nm||ENE|
|Muyinga||Thu 3:08 AM||244 km||152 miles||132 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.