Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 3:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 03:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.51 meters/second, 1614.6 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 25.4"||1003.18 mi||West||0° 11' 34.7"||13.26 mi||South||1003.18 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 06.8"||801.37 mi||East||4° 33' 27.7"||313.18 mi||South||858.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Abidjan||Thu 3:36 AM||1012 km||629 miles||547 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Thu 3:36 AM||1095 km||680 miles||591 nm||NNW|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 3:36 AM||1125 km||699 miles||608 nm||NNE|
|Accra||Thu 3:36 AM||1263 km||785 miles||682 nm||NE|
|Lomé||Thu 3:36 AM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||NE|
|Freetown||Thu 3:36 AM||1419 km||882 miles||766 nm||NNW|
|Jamestown||Thu 3:36 AM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||S|
|Conakry||Thu 3:36 AM||1544 km||959 miles||834 nm||NNW|
|Porto Novo||Thu 4:36 AM||1557 km||967 miles||841 nm||NE|
|Lagos||Thu 4:36 AM||1615 km||1003 miles||872 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.