Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 4:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 84%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 04:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.40 meters/second, 1614.2 km/hour, 1003.0 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 23.2"||1002.92 mi||West||0° 11' 34.1"||13.25 mi||South||1002.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 37' 14.9"||802.50 mi||East||4° 32' 53.4"||312.53 mi||South||858.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fernando de Noronha||Thu 2:46 AM||870 km||540 miles||470 nm||W|
|Recife||Thu 1:46 AM||1255 km||780 miles||678 nm||WSW|
|Fortaleza||Thu 1:46 AM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||W|
|Freetown||Thu 4:46 AM||1814 km||1127 miles||980 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Thu 4:46 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||NE|
|Salvador||Thu 1:46 AM||1864 km||1158 miles||1007 nm||SW|
|Monrovia||Thu 4:46 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||NE|
|Bissau||Thu 4:46 AM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NNE|
|Praia||Thu 3:46 AM||2017 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||N|
|Banjul||Thu 4:46 AM||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.