Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 6:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 06:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.19 meters/second, 1613.5 km/hour, 1002.6 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 19.4"||1002.46 mi||West||0° 11' 32.9"||13.23 mi||South||1002.44 mi|
|24 hours||11° 39' 08.5"||804.37 mi||East||4° 31' 53.4"||311.38 mi||South||859.86 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Santarém||Thu 3:40 AM||310 km||193 miles||168 nm||WNW|
|São Félix do Xingu||Thu 3:40 AM||331 km||205 miles||179 nm||S|
|Belém||Thu 3:40 AM||481 km||299 miles||260 nm||ENE|
|Manaus||Thu 2:40 AM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||W|
|Cayenne||Thu 3:40 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||N|
|Paramaribo||Thu 3:40 AM||1099 km||683 miles||593 nm||NNW|
|Georgetown||Thu 2:40 AM||1334 km||829 miles||720 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia *||Thu 4:40 AM||1423 km||884 miles||769 nm||SSE|
|Fortaleza||Thu 3:40 AM||1513 km||940 miles||817 nm||E|
|Salvador||Thu 3:40 AM||1827 km||1136 miles||987 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.