Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 8:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 83%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 08:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.02 meters/second, 1612.9 kilometres/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 16.4"||1002.07 mi||West||0° 11' 31.9"||13.21 mi||South||1002.04 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 38.9"||805.84 mi||East||4° 31' 03.4"||310.44 mi||South||860.75 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Iquitos||Thu 3:08 AM||35 km||22 miles||19 nm||NE|
|Cuenca||Thu 3:08 AM||622 km||387 miles||336 nm||W|
|Loja||Thu 3:08 AM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||W|
|Ambato||Thu 3:08 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||WNW|
|Florencia||Thu 3:08 AM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||NNW|
|Mitú||Thu 3:08 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Thu 3:08 AM||692 km||430 miles||374 nm||NW|
|Guayaquil||Thu 3:08 AM||736 km||457 miles||397 nm||WNW|
|Trujillo||Thu 3:08 AM||766 km||476 miles||413 nm||SW|
|Cali||Thu 3:08 AM||881 km||547 miles||476 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.