Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 9:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 82%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, January 27, 2013 at 4:40 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, February 3, 2013 at 1:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, January 31, 2013 at 09:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.82 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 13.0"||1001.61 mi||West||0° 11' 30.5"||13.18 mi||South||1001.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 42' 22.1"||807.50 mi||East||4° 30' 04.1"||309.31 mi||South||861.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:46 AM||925 km||575 miles||500 nm||ENE|
|Guayaquil||Thu 4:46 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||E|
|Quito||Thu 4:46 AM||2128 km||1322 miles||1149 nm||ENE|
|San Jose||Thu 3:46 AM||2141 km||1331 miles||1156 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:46 AM||2175 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 3:46 AM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:46 AM||2213 km||1375 miles||1195 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 3:46 AM||2311 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco||Thu 3:46 AM||2353 km||1462 miles||1271 nm||N|
|Lima||Thu 4:46 AM||2384 km||1482 miles||1287 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.